- Other services
- News from SHEU
This policy has been developed to comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and follows good practice guidelines from the Direct Marketing Association.
- We collect contact information from you to fulfil your orders or reply to queries.
- We might use this information to contact you again if you don't advise us otherwise.
- We try and protect any information we hold about you as securely as we can, however information supplied over the Internet is never completely secure.
- We use PayPal for sales and Google Analytics for counting page visits, and both functions will set cookies on your computer.
1. Your personal information
We collect contact information from you to fulfil your orders or reply to queries.
- We might use this information to contact you again, particularly if you join our mailing list.
- You can let us know when you give us the information or let us know now that you do not wish to receive further contact from us.
- We will let you know what information we hold about you if you ask us, but we might make a charge for doing this (no more than £10).
- We don't sell or share our mailing lists (e-mail or postal).
- Although we have little protection under the law for hiding information about you, we take steps to secure our server from hackers and the premises have a monitored alarm linked to the police.
We use PayPal for sales and Google Analytics for counting page visits, and both functions will set cookies on your computer.
- Cookies are records about you or your use of websites that are created by a web page that you visit and written to a file stored on your computer. The cookie file can be read back by websites during the same or a later session.
- Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies by default. You should be able to control if and when you allow cookies to be stored on your machine, and can view or delete any cookies stored.
- We ask for your permission to set cookies, or we try to.
3. Logging your visit.
Our website currently runs Drupal 6, and this records standard information about your visit, which we can read.
4. Online ordering.
If you don't want to pay for an order online, you can order by e-mail or post.
5. Online surveys
6. Contact us
If you would like to contact us regarding this policy or other matters, details are on another page.